Thursday 15 August 2013

This came in the post yesterday...

Some time ago I posted here that my quilt was accepted in the annual quilt exhibition from the Dutch Quilters Guild.
Well, not only did it get accepted they also asked me if they could make cards with a picture of my quilt on the front. I was very honoured to be asked and of course I said yes! ..so I sent the quilt out to them to be photographed and yesterday these cards came in the post.



Tonight I will take the quilt to the drop-off point, a quiltshop in Dordrecht, and from there it will go to the exhibition which starts tomorrow in three weeks. Here it is ready to go.






I will leave you with a few pictures from the Festival of Quilts, Birmingham.

Here is Anco Brouwers being interviewed by Luana Rubin, check out her channel on youtube here, she has lots of videos of several quilt shows.

This I believe was the Best of Show, and well deserved!
those roses are so beautifully made, they look so realistic!
shame I couldn't get the entire quilt in the picture, also forgot to see who the maker was, sorry..

Some more stunning traditional applique quilts:

"Arabesque" by Antonella Cibin, Italy
"Garden of Dream" by Fusako Takido, Japan
 I'll have some more pictures to show you next time..

Essie






3 comments:

  1. Leuk!
    Dat je quilt mag 'hangen' is al leuk en een eer, maar dat gaat weer voorbij. Maar een kaart blijft een aandenken! Daar mag je trots op zijn.
    Jammer dat ik vanavond naar een quiltcursus ben in Zwijndrecht. De winkel in Dordt is redelijk bij mij in de buurt, had je een 'bakkie' kunnen doen.

    Groet,
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat geweldig, gefeliciteerd Esther. Is dat de quilttentoonstelling in Veldhoven waar je quilt nou mag hangen? Een hele beroemdheid in de club:)))))))
    Leuk die kaarten, dat is helemaal speciaal. Ik zie dat je er een paar hebt, ik hou me aanbevolen.
    Wat een prachtige quilts heb je gefotografeerd, de een is nog mooier dan de ander, ik kan niet kiezen.Ik kijk uit naar nog meer.
    Groeten van Riet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat geweldig dat je quilt mag hangen! Gefeliciteerd! En zo'n leuke kaart. Geniet er van!

    ReplyDelete