Saturday 17 August 2013

Fallen..


It has been all over many of the blogs, the absolutely stunning Love Entwined BOM by Esther Aliu.
The entire quilt is done in applique.
In order to be able to download these free patterns, you have to become a member, so a few days ago I enlisted to become a member of the Esther Aliu Yahoo BOM Group.
Just couldn't let this opportunity go, could I? And I love applique..



I wasn't at all planning on making this quilt any time soon, but somehow I found myself looking through my stash and found these possibly suitable fabrics 

...not sure yet about that bright white background fabric, maybe I'd better go for a more creamier background?
And I don't know how it happened (-?-), but all of a sudden I had printed out the first pattern, tried out some colour schemes, and prepared the segments for foundation piecing...

Will probably use a few different greens, only used one shade here for the colouring...might piece the compass together tomorrow and see how these colours turn out!
As you can see from the picture on the top of this post, this compass goes in the very centre of this quilt, it is a very large quilt (96" square or 2,44 m. square) 
I won't make the entire quilt, might only make the centre square plus two borders, maybe leaving the middle border blank and put some quilted feathers in that?

Haven't forgotten about Jane though, she is still with me.. will post some of the new blocks next time!
Have a great weekend!
Essie



1 comment:

  1. Goeie morgen Esther. Ha, heerlijk je bent ook voor de L.E gevallen, en je bent al begonnen ook. De kleuren vind ik erg mooi en ben benieuwd hoe het in het echt wordt.. Leuk dat je dat zo hebt ingekleurd op het blad, dat moet ik ook maar doen denk ik. Ik ga nu eerst de huisjes aan elkaar zetten maar ik ga ze nu eerst maar rijgen.Fijne Zondag!

    ReplyDelete